Healing Jesus Campaign: Kenema, Sierra Leone
Sunday 4th March - Thursday 8th March 2012
Evangelist Dag Heward-Mills and his team have arrived in Kenema, Sierra Leone for a 4-day Healing Jesus Campaign. After the amazing miracles seen in Freetown, there is great expectation for this campaign in Kenema. God is indeed doing amazing things in Sierra Leone.
Arrival and Evangelist Remarks:
"What a welcome! My team and I arrived safely into Kenema from Freetown last night by the special grace of God. We were met by a large crowd at the entrance of the town singing, dancing and rejoicing at our arival.
Their excitement was simply contagious. I feel so blessed to be here and I believe that this week will be the beginning of a special visitation of the Lord for the people of Kenema and it's surrounding towns.
I see a door open with healing blessings. God is saying that what was wounded and hurt is going to healed in Jesus name. Angels are moving about the city with special blessings and these blessings will be experienced practically in many lives this week!"
The Evangelist thanked God for Sierra Leone. He said that he had joined his mantle to that of the local ministers and was believing God for a manifestation of His power amongst His children. He said that God was going to use His ministers to advance His Kingdom as they stop focusing on the preaching of motivational messages and begin preaching the gospel in places where unsaved souls are. He said, "It is time for the Church to make soul winning her primary aim".
Day 1: Evening
The entire airfield of Kenema city was packed with thousands of people in worship by the time Evangelist Dag arived on the campaign grounds.
Just before he arrived, the mayor of Kenema city had given an address where he pledged to donate ten acres of land to the Healing Jesus Campaign. What a blessing!
After two powerful song ministrations by Lady Pastors Aida and Vivaldi, the Evangelist mounted the pulpit as the entire crowd sang "I expect a miracle today". Evangelist Dag thanked the pastors for welcoming him into this great city and also expressed his gratitude to the mayor for his gift.
The Evangelist shared with the over 70, 000 crowd gathered, a powerful gospel message from the scripture Hebrews 13:8, JESUS CHRIST the same yesterday today and forever. He told them a story of how he went to visit a certain old man with his children. When they got to the old man's house, the old man opened up his arms to receive the children but the children ran away from him because they were afraid. Even with encouragement from him, they would still not give the old man a hug.The old man lamented, "It is not easy to be an old man because your face changes so much that even little children are afraid of you". Oh what a shock!
But thank God that Jesus Christ is the same! It means that He is not an ordinary person.
And if Jesus Christ is the same, it means that what He used to do, He still does and what He used to say, He is still saying. Whenever Jesus passed through a city, there were miracles and the Evangelist proclaimed that tonight, Jesus is also passing through Kenema!
The Evangelist told them that, "I cannot heal you, but Jesus can! Just as you cannot enter an aeroplane with certain types of luggage, you cannot make it to Heaven with your sins."
Many people gave their lives to Christ tonight, choosing Jesus to wash away their sins with His precious blood.
Day 2: Morning
Over 1000 Pastors from Kenema and its surrounding towns were gathered at the Holy Trinity Parish this morning.
Evangelist Dag preached about "5 important things for church growth" explaining to the pastors in depth how they can grow their existing congregations.
He told them that it is a type of shepherd that makes the sheep grow. He said that many pastors lack the qualities and abilities that will cause their sheep to increase in number and be happy to be led by them. The Evangelist also took the time teach the pastors on how their pastoral ministries could be transformed.
Each pastor registered for the morning conference received a gift of two free books from the Evangelist.
After the pastors conference, the Evangelist and the crusade team made a courtesy call to the Resident Minister of the Eastern Province, Honourable William Juana Smith. Also gathered were the mayor of Kenema, chiefs, police and other goverment officials.The Evangelist presented Jesus Christ as the only way to Heaven and prayed for the peace and healing of Kenema and Sierra Leone as a whole.
The mayor in turn admonished all the officials gathered to make it a point to attend the evening campaign.
The Evangelist declared that he was believing God for a greater harvest of souls and many more miracles in Kenema. It is a real blessing to be here in Sierra Leone.
Day 2: Evening
Tonight the crowd at Kenema airfield had increased so much so that there was virtually no place to sit or stand. Before the Evangelist could even start preaching, he had to pause and instruct the ushers to allow the impenetrable crowd pressing in from the sides of the stage to come and sit right in front.
The crowds of people at the crusade grounds couldn't hide their joy as one Muslim after another came forward to testify about the healing power of Jesus. An alhaji who was healed of a 30 year old ulcer, simply said "Now I believe that Jesus is alive!" Another who was healed of deafness in his right ear due to a migraine he had suffered from for a long time also said "I am a Muslim but now I believe Jesus is Lord".
The Evangelist preached a message entitled "In my father’s house there are many mansions" from John 14:1-3. He said Jesus for 2000 years now has been preparing a place nicer than Sierra Leone, and that there are many mansions there enough for everybody.
He then asked everyone gathered to consider where they would go when they died. He reminded the multitudes not to blame Jesus if they ended up in hell. He advised them that to get to heaven they had to follow someone who had been there. They have to follow Jesus because He shed His blood (Hebrews 9:22). The only thing that washes sin is blood. You cannot enter Heaven with your sins. When asked “How many want their sins washed by the blood of Jesus?” Almost the entire 100,000 member congregation gathered lifted up their hands and prayed the sinner's prayer.
The city of Kenema is being washed by the blood of Jesus! Hallelujah!
Other miracles among the many last night include
1. The restoration of menstrual flow for a lady who had not had her period for nine months! The blood started flowing right after the prayer by the Evangelist! Somebody had to give her a sanitary pad to absorb the uterine flow.
2. A 13 year old girl who had also been limping for some years now straightened up after the prayer.
3. An old man suffering from a gradual loss of vision, most probably due to a cataract, testified of being to the hospital several times with no success as the doctors could find no cure. Tonight as he placed his hands on his eyes during the prayer Jesus healed him and now by the grace of God he can see clearly!
4. A 5 year old girl who was also scheduled for a surgery because she was suffering from femoral hernia had the power of God touching her and the swelling disappeared!
5. For 17 years doctors had no answer for a young lady who had been dumb since birth but the power of God touched her and for the first time mentioned the names of her siblings and mother and of course mentioned the name of Jesus!
6. A young lady who could not lift her leg because suffering from elephantiasis also was able to lift her leg and made some movements.
There was great joy at the wonderful miracles and testimonies.
Jesus is alive in Kenema city!
Day 3: Morning
The Pastor's conference continued this morning with the Evangelist Dag Heward-Mills teaching from his books. This time he taught on Knowing the Will of God, Leadership and Steps to The Anointing.
He said that to be a good pastor you must be led by the Holy Spirit.
Teaching from Jesus' words in John 12:49-50, he said Pastors will know what they should say and what they should speak if they follow the voice of the Holy Spirit.
"For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak". (John 12:49, 50 KJV)
He reminded the congregation that in is also important to be led by the Holy Spirit so that the Lord can lift you high above your colleagues and contemporaries irrespective of who they were.
He further admonished pastors to be readers because a good leader is always a reader! The greatest leaders of all time were readers, e.g. Daniel and Paul.
The visit of Bishop Francis Sarpong, a board member of the Healing Jesus Campaign, who flew in from England to be a part of this campaign was the icing on the cake. He taught on three major ways pastors can feed their sheep and it was a real eye opener.
The meeting ended with Evangelist Dag giving out free books to the pastors.
Campaign continues tonight.
Day 3: Evening
The city of Kenema is experiencing such a visitation of the presence of God that has no one has ever seen in the history of the city.
Tonight is one of the nights no one is ever going to forget in this city. The preaching of the word by the Evangelist Dag Heward-Mills, was powerful as the title suggested - RESURRECTION POWER!
He said Jesus Christ has the power to raise the dead! When a person dies he feels nothing but Bible says a time is coming when the dead will hear the voice of Jesus! Jesus whilst on earth demonstrated He had power over the dead. He raised many dead people. He has great resurrection power!
Doctors can do something as far as death. But Jesus demonstrated that indeed He was the son of God by raising the dead. He was not just a prophet. He raised Lazarus, the widow of Nain's son and Jarius daughter from the dead. And If He can raise the dead then it is worth following Him.
After leading the congregation in the sinner's prayer the Evangelist moved straight into praying for the sick.
The resurrection power was so strong that miracles started taking place almost immediately.
1. The crowd cheered joyfully when they saw a woman jumped out of her wheel chair! She had been confined to that wheel chair for 7 years, had visited doctors in the UK but had received no solution to her problem.
2. A woman whose daughter had a lump around the abdomen as huge as a man's fist had the lump vanishing right before their eyes! They came from the neighbouring town of Bo.
3. The resurrection power also touched a man who had lost the power of erection for a year. At the service he had an errection for the first time! He was particularly excited because according to him he had not touched his wife for the past one year! He received a double touch because his right eye's bad vision was restored!
4. A man who had a stroke for the past 3 years and had been using a stick to walk, dropped the stick and started walking.
5. Another woman whose child had not stood nor walked for a year and eight months lifted up her child to Heaven during the prayer believing in her heart for God to touch her child also. After prayer the child stood and started taking steps! Hallelujah!
6. A woman with a pain in right knee which did not allow her to walk, suddenly started walking and jumping during the ministration!
7. A Muslim woman who had been to America and England to seek medical help for her stomach ache to no avail was surprised when she was touched by the power of God! In her own words she said, "Today I believe in Jesus!" She also expressed her desire to go back to Ghana with the Evangelist. What a shock!
These and many more testimonies were taken. Glory be to God for signs and wonders that accompany the preaching of the Word.
We cannot wait for the last day tomorrow.
Day 4: Morning
Visit to a War Wounded and Amputees Camp
This morning some members of the Healing Jesus Campaign team visited another war wounded and amputee camp. The team was led by Bishop Francis Sarpong, a Healing Jesus Campaign board member, on behalf of the Evangelist Dag Heward-Mills.
After sharing the Gospel message with them Bishop Sarpong led them to pray the sinner's prayer. They were presented with books written by the Evangelist and a cash donation was made to each of the victims. They received the money with real joy since according to them many people have made promises and not kept them. They sang songs of praise and thanked the Evangelist for this kind gesture.
Many of them have been through very traumatic times. One lady who had a deep scar on her neck explained that the rebels tried to chop her head off but when that failed, they decided to chop off one of her legs. A pastor from the Methodist church explained that his leg was amputated because he was helping the ECOMOG people.
The chairman of the group appealed to the Evangelist to come and put up a church building at the camp for them.
Some of the amputees benefitted from the free medical care given every morning during the campaign.
Evangelist Dag Heward-Mills taught on Steps to the Anointing and how he himself came to be anointed. The pastors conference couldn't have ended without a powerful teaching on Loyalty and Disloyalty. He shared on the Stages of Disloyalty and why pastors must look out for these signs in themselves and their members. It will help cut down the breaking down of churches and also lead to church growth.
Bishop Francis Sarpong held a final session before the conference was brought to a close.
As his manner was the Evangelist gave out free books and announced a special book sale of buy one get 3 free! Remarkable to note was that for the first time in the history of pastors conferences a free DVD message of the Evangelist was given out to all participants.
He later had a short interaction with the Healing Jesus Campaign planning committee of Kenema city where they had the opportunity to ask him a few questions. Each of them was given a set of the Evangelist's 4 textbooks as an appreciation for a great work done.
The entire campaign ends tonight. The whole city of Kenema and surrounding towns are expected to be here.
Day 4: Evening
The crowd in attendance and the excitement in the air made it difficult to believe that this was the last day of the campaign. This will definitely go down in history as one of the greatest events to ever hit the city of Kenema.
Evangelist Dag Heward-Mills on this last night announced that there were angels all over the grounds and that everyone was going home with a blessing. Tonight the Evangelist chose to emphasize the love of God for the people of Kenema which is greater than any kind of love. He said there are different levels of love and Jesus' love was a love that shed His blood for our lives. Life is in the blood (Leviticus 17:11)
Jesus shed His blood in exchange for our lives. Anywhere people don't have the blood of Jesus they will die and go to hell. He asked the people to open up their hearts and receive this greater love which gives us eternal life with Jesus in Heaven.
After leading the crowd to pray the sinner's prayer, he proceeded to pray for the sick.
Tonight also saw many fantastic miracles:
1. An elderly woman who had to use two sticks to walk threw them away after the power of God touched her.
2. Woman Paralyzed for one year! Began to walk
3. A 2 and half year old child who had only crawled up till now got up and walked after the prayer
4. There was a young girl with measles couldn't see throughout the time of the campaign. Her sight was miraculously restored!
5. There was 2 year old child who for 9 months couldn’t not raise her right hand. To the glory of God tonight she raised her right hand. Her mother was simply over joyed.
6. An elderly lady threw away her walking sticks tonight. As she took her first steps unaided. She danced with the Evangelist! For years her husband had told her she was worshipping a dead god, but today her God, who is the father of Jesus Christ has healed her!
7. More ulcers were healed at this campaign. A lady with a 25 year history was miraculously healed.
8. An elderly woman who was blind after surgery. Had her sight restored.
9. A young epileptic boy received his healing. He has not had a seizure since the beginning of the campaign.
10. There was a young lady with a severe headache and a burning sensation in the head received healing!
11. A lady with an enlarged stomach for 10 years, after the prayer felt like vomiting. Right after that her stomach was flattened.
12. An awesome miracle happened in a young man who couldn’t keep food down. Since the Monday night campaign he has eaten and not vomited once! Hallelujah!