What does it mean to be born again? Many people including believers do not know what this means. To be born again means to receive Jesus as your Lord and personal Savior. To believe that he died on the cross to save your sins. The Bible says that unless you are born again, you cannot see the kingdom of God. There is only one way to heaven and that is through Jesus Christ. The world may tell you that there are numerous ways to heaven but this is not so. Jesus is the only way, truth and life and no one can come to the Father except through Him. So to be born again is a marvelous gift from God.
When you are born again, you do not look or speak differently. Rather, your spirit man becomes transformed and holy. Being born again is a change in the spirit and not of the flesh. The Bible says in John 6:44 that no one can come to the Jesus unless the Father draws them.
This past week, I spoke on the topic of salvation. Salvation has been given to us through the blood of Jesus Christ. Receive it with a willing heart and you will be saved.
7 Reasons Why You Must Not Be Surprised To Be Born Again.
1. Man is a spirit, he has a soul and he lives in a body
2. The spirit of an unsaved man is dead and desperately wicked. Jeremiah 17:9 tells us that unless you are born again your spirit man is dead and you are controlled by your flesh.
3. The spirit of a saved man is righteous and truly holy. Once you become saved, you are no longer a sinner and are in right standing with God. You are covered with the righteousness of Jesus Christ.
4. After you are saved,your spirit is a new born child/baby and it must grow. 1 Peter 2:2
5. After you are saved, your mind is the same. You need to be preached to all the time. Renew your mind.
6. After you are saved, your flesh is the same. You need to keep it under control. You flesh doesn’t change.
7. After you are born again, your mind is open to all kinds of thoughts. You must learn to control the thoughts in your mind.
If you want to see the kingdom of God, give your life to Jesus Christ. Believe that He is your Lord and personal Saviour. Confess that He has died on the cross to save you from your sinful ways. The Spirit is calling out to you right now to give your life to Christ. Do not delay in your day of salvation because you do not know the hour when you will be called home.
“Marvel not that I say unto thee, ye must be born again” – John 3:7