The sin of familiarity is a fault that affects many people. Familiarity is to know someone so well or in such a way as to lose your admiration, respect or sense of awe. Familiarity causes us not to realize the greatness and the anointing that is upon a person. It caused the brothers of Jesus not to realize the great anointing upon His life (John 7:5). Some people do not have the ability to be near greatness because of familiarity. Be careful not to fall into this sin of familiarity. What is familiarity?
- Familiarity is to know someone so well or in such a way as to lose your admiration, respect or sense of awe
- Familiarity afflicts closets family and friends the most
- Familiarity has the power to neutralize the greatest gifts of God
- Familiarity is the cause of diminishing attendance at Christian programs
- Familiarity is the greatest cause of spiritual bareness.
- You can be close to a man of God without being familiar.
- when you begin to find faults with your leader
- when you begin to correct your leader
- when you use privileges without asking anymore
- when you no longer say thank you
- when you enter somebody’s room/office without knocking
- when you yawn and sleep during a preaching
- when you walk around, chat, and talk during preaching
- when you are rude.
- when you are rude to people delegated by an authority figure
Be careful with familiarity. Do not allow familiarity to cause you to lose your blessings.